WE CAN STILL BE EDUCATED BY THE "OLD SCHOOL"

Monday, February 8, 2010

I RECENTLY ATTENDED A CONFERENCE AND WAS SURPRISED WHEN THE TOPIC OF CONVERSATION ON OPENING NIGHT WAS ON "ANOINTING".  I IMMEDIATELY BEGAN THINKING TO MYSELF, " GREAT, HERE COMES ANOTHER HOLY GHOST REVIVAL, SENSATIONALIST, OLD-SCHOOL SERMON." BUT WHAT I EXPERIENCED FOR THE NEXT 30 MINUTES CHALLENGED MY LIFE, MY FAITH, AND EVERYTHING I'VE LEARNED ABOUT GOD'S PRESENCE THUS FAR IN MY 26 YEARS ON EARTH.

AS CHRISTIANS, WE DESPERATELY NEED GOD'S ANOINTING!  AS MINISTERS, AS PARENTS, FRIENDS, COLLEGES AND DRUMMERS; THE ANOINTING OF GOD IS THE VARIABLE BY WHICH WE CAN LIVE LIVES OF POWER AND MEANING. 

WE HAVE ALL BEEN PLAYING IN A WORSHIP SERVICE AND NOTICED THAT FEELING BY WHICH WE KNOW GOD'S PRESENCE IS ACTIVE AND MOVING.  A TANGIBLE GLIMPSE, A FAINT ECHO OF GOD'S VOICE. THEN THERE ARE TIMES WHEN THERE IS NOTHING...NO POWER...NO PRESENCE...NOTHING.  NO ANOINTING.

OUR CONFERENCE SPEAKER DESCRIBED "THE ANOINTING" AS GOD'S CURRENT PRESENCE AND HIS ACTING. AND THE BIBLE GIVES US GREAT UNDERSTANDING AS TO WHAT THE ANOINTING IS ALL ABOUT.
 

-AMOS 6 TELLS US THAT THE ANOINTING CAN COME AND GO FROM AN INDIVIDUAL.   
-HEBREWS 1:9 TELLS US THAT THE ANOINTING CAN POSITION YOU TO HAVE AN ADVANTAGE OVER OTHERS
-THE BIBLE ALSO TELLS US THAT GOD'S ANOINTING PROVIDES PROTECTION

AS ERRONEOUS HUMAN BEINGS THERE ARE THINGS WE CAN DO TO LOSE THIS ANOINTING.  IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO DIAGNOSE THE INDIVIDUAL DANGERS OF EVERY READER OF THIS BLOG.  (ALL SEVEN OF THEM...THANKS MOM) BUT THERE ARE 2 THINGS SPECIFICALLY WE CAN DO TO PROTECT GOD'S ANOINTING  IN OUR LIVES.

1. PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR ACTIVITY - ARE YOU DOING THINGS THAT WILL VOID GOD'S ANOINTING?
2. CHECK YOUR MOTIVE - GOD'S WILL NOT EXALT SOMEONE WHO IS MORE CONCERNED WITH EXALTING THEMSELVES.

AS DRUMMERS, IT IS EASY TO BECOME CONSUMED WITH THE PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE.  BUT EXCELLENT MUSIC WONT CHANGE LIVES, BREAK BONDAGE, HEAL MARRIAGES, OR MEND WOUNDS...THAT HAPPENS WHEN GOD'S ANOINTING SHOWS UP.  BE A PART. 

11 comments:

Anonymous,  March 2, 2010 at 5:15 AM  

This is very powerful and very true. Makes me realise some stuff about myself and how I need to take the focus of me all the time. As years go on it becomes easier to fall in to the 'comfort zone' as i call it and do things robotically. This is very encouraging. Thanks Craig - Keep em coming!

Anonymous,  April 13, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

I am a French Drummer and i play for worship service sunday morning at my church.I've seen videos of you on Youtube and it guides me to your blog.I have just aready read your article. It is incredible to see how God can use anybody of his children to speak to hearts, in that case, to my heart..
Your article makes me realize some things on me and I want to thank you because you really blessed me, in a moment of trouble, while you are has hundreds of kilometers of me.God bless you abundantly. thank you. Marc (sorry for my horrible english =) )

Anonymous,  June 24, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

Hello! I'm in south korea!

and.. I'm drumming in sue-moon church as worship service!

Lately, I saw your U-tube worship drumming!

It's so fantastic!

I am helped by your druming!

Especailly, 'Freedom is Here' is so great!~

That's 16-bit druming is so great and It is bring me to the drumset!

I hope see your worship drumming through U-tube!

Goodbye! God bless you!!

Anonymous,  July 8, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

I just checked out some of your youtube drum covers of the Hillsong United songs. Thank you so much for posting these. I am a teacher and worship leader at a Christian Middle School in Wisconsin. I'm trying to help my students get to the next level with their playing and their worship leading. These will be very helpful for my drummer.

Thanks also for your comments on the anointing - so true.

RemyTodd September 13, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

I'm glad that i found you're blog. I read your bio and saw you are from Lee Summit. I know some people from there. Our Pastor comes from Kansas City Baptist Temple.

anyway, thank you for your posts. I'm currently "interning" at my church here in Texas as the Music Minister Intern and it's been an interesting endeavor internally so far. I intend to keep reading your blogs. Thanks man

Jeremy
Borger Tx

WorshipGuy October 21, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

Hey man, I'm a relatively young worship drummer and I gotta say... this was what I needed to hear. Thanks. Continue to let God work through you; it definitely blessed me!

Shawn G.

Anonymous,  January 12, 2011 at 7:19 PM  

Very true! When you try and lift yourself = No anointing. I got here from your youtube vid "freedom is here" btw XD.

Lately while worshiping ive really been feeling the temptation to lift myself up, and i find that whenever i do that, it doesnt feel right.

pretty much what your blog said. ;D

Play hard brothers! FOR GOD.

God bless bro!
Elijah

journeyman April 9, 2011 at 8:26 AM  

Great post Liam!

May the Lord continue to bless you and your family. I love the YouTube videos! If you were in the North East (NY/NJ/PA) I would totally take lessons from you!

Looking forward to more posts!

God bless you!

Joel April 28, 2011 at 6:24 AM  

I watched your drum covers on Youtube and I think you are very talented. God has blessed you with such amazing drumming. I especially like your Hillsong covers because, being a drummer myself, I find Hillsong really hard to learn.

byron kirby May 5, 2011 at 6:25 AM  

I found your blog from one of your drum covers, and while I know you haven't blogged on this site in a while, i wanted to thank you for what you have written and how you serve the kingdom by sharing the anointed talent God has placed in you.
Take Care and God Bless you, your family and your ministry!

Anonymous,  July 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM  

I am 50, and was saved November 11 1987. That was the era when it started to become fashionable to mock the old ways, eg "dont mention the blood of jesus, it might offend people" Just be nice to folk, have a coffee and a chat, and tithe regular of course.....The church leaders wanted social club entertainments instead. But I sense in my spirit a renewed passion for His presence and fire anointing. More and more people are realising that the "empty ways of life handed down to us by our forefathers" are merely "forms of godliness that deny the power thereof...." Jesus said we needed to be baptised with the holy spirit to be able to fulfil the great commission.
shalom, Jonathan

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP